Monday, July 13, 2009

I still only have 1 working toilet...


Toilets are easy to install, right?

Mike helped me rip out all three old disgusting toilets over the weekend.



Now I can finish the rest of the wall in the guest bathroom and then install the new toilet.



I got one of the new toilets installed in the guest bathroom. Not too tough...


Then I did the same in the master bathroom. None of the shut-off valves closed completely, so there was a lot of emptying cups that were collecting drips during the installation. I got everything in, and then started working with my dad on changing out all of the switches and outlets in the Living room and Master bedroom since they're almost finished.

I walked in the kitchen and noticed this...it was dripping.


This would be right below my master bathroom toilet. I haven't finished the ceilings in the kitchen yet, so it's really not a big deal. I did have to take the toilet back off the flange, put in another new wax ring, and then reconnect everything AGAIN. But there was no more water leaking and I think it should be good now. The funny thing is, it was leaking in the exact same spot when I get the house and first tested this toilet--I figured a new toilet and wax ring would do the trick--could be something else going on here though.

Little bit of a scare this morning, woke up and found a TINY bit of water around the toilet in the master bathroom. I think it may have just been water that settled or sweated out during the night, since nothing else was wet...I packed a towel around it and I'll have to check it later today.

No comments: